75 Massel Terr., South Orange – SOLD!!
As soon as you see 75 Massel, you will fall in love & continue to be charmed you as you step inside. Updated & stylish, while still warm & utterly inviting. Minutes from downtown & train… As you bathe in the light filtering through brand new windows, take in the easy flow of the many spaces, creatively purposed for today’s lifestyle. Delight in the 1st floor powder room, walk-in pantry, & laundry – a rare luxury in a home of this size. Consider the many activities that you can enjoy in the finished, waterproofed basement. Imagine relaxing in the surprisingly roomy primary bedroom with its 2 large closets. Stepping outside, picture how much you’ll enjoy the fully fenced, flat yard with its lovely landscaping – the perfect outdoor retreat. Don’t miss this lovingly & thoughtfully maintained home!
- Updated kitchen & baths
- Updated electrical with full house surge protector and generator port
- Year-old furnace
- Brand new windows with lifetime warranty
- 6.5 years left on exterior paint warranty
- 6 ft fence around entire back yard
- French drain and sump pump in finished basement
- Updated 1st floor walk-in pantry/mudroom/laundry room
Approximate total finished square footage 1998
Dear future homeowner,
When we came to South Orange from Brooklyn a decade ago, we were looking for a bit more space and some greenery to call our own, but we didn’t want to sacrifice the walkability, diversity, and community we loved about city life. We found the best of both worlds at 75 Massel Terrace. The house is situated far enough off of Valley to be quiet and infrequently trafficked, yet it’s a only a 7 minute walk to the Midtown Direct train, and a ten minute walk to the South Orange town center and great restaurants like Mit Miti, Jackie and Son, and The Fox and Falcon. (Maplewood town center is also walkable/bikeable if you’ve got a bit more time to spare–our family often does this on weekends).
In a town filled with great people, Massel Terrace has some of the best. Every single neighbor on this small street is considerate and kind, and everyone looks out for everyone (when our dog got out on a freezing evening after we had returned from the emergency room with our daughter, neighbors sprung into action to find him and get him home safe. When we were stuck out of town the weekend before Sandy hit, neighbors secured our patio furniture and made sure the house was prepared).
In addition to being drawn to the street, community, and convenience, the charm of the house itself immediately drew us in. Over the past ten years, we’ve put a lot of care into making each space in the house lovely, welcoming, and comfortable. Among our favorite aspects of 75 Massel are:
- The front garden, which blooms April through October and attracts lots of pollinators, butterflies, and admirers
- The sun porch overlooking the garden, which is operational all four seasons and features pull-down screens for bug-free entertaining and socializing with neighbors
- The abundance of windows, which fill the whole house with light all day long
- The fireplace, which we often enjoy with our morning coffee and an evening cocktail
- The walk-in pantry/mudroom/laundry room– game changing!
- The waterproofed, finished basement for exercise, home office, and kids’ playroom
- The owners’ bedroom is huge and has so much closet space
- The storage space on all three levels
- The fully-fenced backyard has been great for barbequing, entertaining, and watching kids and dogs romp
- The church bells from up the hill are a regular. lovely presence that help mark time
- The park at the bottom of the hill is being revitalized by the neighborhood association
We’ve lived in the house with and without children. We’ve hosted large holiday parties and many intimate dinners with friends. We’ve planted rose bushes in summer and built snow caves in winter. And, for the past year the house has been a beautiful, safe, and comforting place to hunker down (and, of course, bake bread).
We’re confident that the next family to call 75 Massel home will feel as lucky to be there as we have.