60 Courter Ave., Maplewood – SOLD!
The instant you walk into the foyer of this home, you’ll be charmed by the many details that set it apart from other Maplewood colonials and delighted by its ample space for work, study, play, and more. Take in its curved entry arch, functional and fabulous built-ins, comfortable and current kitchen, luscious natural light… All of the indoor and outdoor space has been lovingly updated and maintained to make this home an especially fresh and inviting sanctuary. Indoors–central air, first floor powder, wood-burning fireplace, hardwood floors, and ample storage add to the comforts. Outdoors–enjoy the beautiful deck, fully fenced yard, and spacious 2-car garage. Less than a mile from downtown Maplewood, train station, restaurants, parks, libraries, etc. so that you’re never far from conveniences and community.
- Kitchen Renovation – 2008
- Upstairs Bathroom – 2008
- Interior Painting – 2008
- Living Room Built-Ins – 2008
- Bedroom 1 – Wall Units – 2008
- Whole House Humidifier – 2009
- Central Air (2nd/3rd Floor) – 2009
- Insulation/Weather Sealing and Storm Windows – 2009
- Fixed Windows/Seal Driveway/Fix Front Stoop – 2010
- Exterior Painting – 2010
- 3rd Floor Renovations – 2010
- Replaced hot water heater – 2014
- Water line from house to street replaced – 2015
- Basement water lines replaced from galvanized to pex – 2015
- Repaired/replaced hardwood floor in 3rd floor office/bedroom – 2015
- Built deck – 2016
- Installed French drain – 2017
- Installed 2nd sump pump that drains to street – 2017
- Installed 1st floor/basement central AC – 2017
- Upgraded to 200A electrical service – 2017
- Finished basement – 2018
- Installed recessed lighting in family room – 2018
- Installed plantation shutters in kitchen – 2019
- Installed Stainless steel liner in boiler chimney – 2020
- Recoated/resealed of flat roof – 2020
- Both AC systems serviced yearly, last service 2020
- Boiler serviced yearly, last serviced 2019
- TruGreen lawn treatments multiple times per year since 2017
Dear Future Homeowners,
First of all, welcome to the crazy process of home buying! It sure is a whirlwind but, I promise, so rewarding! We were most likely in your same shoes 7 years ago. Trying to escape city life to find a “grown-up” place in the “burbs” to raise a family. Neither my husband nor I are from the area but knew we wanted a town that was a direct train line to the city. After checking out the grocery stores, restaurants and parks in prospective towns to get a feel for the people, we knew Maplewood was for us!
We lost the first house we put a bid on and were pretty devastated until we found this house. We knew immediately that we loved it. We lucked out and were thrilled when we got the news they accepted our offer. We look back at the first house we lost the bid on and are SO thankful we did. This house, without a doubt, has been the biggest blessing.
Not only is the house just plain special with so much charm and character, this street and these neighbors are like none other. Being from outside the area and without any family around, they quickly became our new family. This is truly a special street and so many neighbors are extra special, not to mention, they host epic block parties! The two neighbors directly on each side of us are truly the BEST kind of neighbors anyone could ever ask for. They became our village and were there for us more times than we could count—from letting us hide in the basement with them during a Tornado warning, to helping us move furniture, to borrowing ladders and snow blowers, to watering our plants, and the list goes on.
The preschool our daughter goes to, at the end of the street, is truly the most magical place. The teachers and classmates are absolutely amazing and we feel lucky to live so close!
Having Maplecrest Park at the end of the street is such a lifeline, having two young girls—we are there constantly. It’s also so nice being so close to Springfield Avenue—especially coming from the city, where everything was really at our fingertips.
The commute to the city is extremely easy and we did it for many years. The jitney stop is a short walk from our house, which is a huge help. It’s also walkable but, I ended up taking the jitney more than I walked.
Maplewood is truly such a special community that is really unique and hard to come by. It will always hold a special place in our heart and is truly one of a kind. We feel so lucky we not only found this town, but found this specific home. It’s a gem and we hope that you enjoy it as much as we have!
The Current Homeowners