Is easy access to NYC a high priority for you? Great! Working remotely and need extra space for a home office (or two)? We’ve got you! Love spending time with other members of your household? Sweet! Want lots of spaces so that you can have your alone time? No problem! 351 Academy has something for everyone. It is flooded with natural light and the high ceilings make the large rooms feel even more expansive. A recently renovated kitchen and an extra family room makes the first floor complete. The 2nd floor bedrooms provide ample space for a variety of needs. And the third floor feels like a vacation getaway in your own home! When you aren’t cozying up inside, you’ll love sitting on the deck that feels like a treehouse. The long yard allows for plenty of outdoor activities. The walk-out basement makes storage and entertaining easy. The biggest surprise is probably the garage. It’s no ordinary garage. This newer construction space, currently used as a dojo, could be home to amazing parties, workouts, an office, studio, and so much more! Freshly painted inside and out, this is a move-in ready home in communal Academy Heights that you don’t want to miss!
- Kitchen remodel (2021)
- Installed new driveway (2021)
- Replaced old sliding (2021)
- 1st floor Bathroom remodel (2021)
- New roof [lifetime warranty] (2017)
- Built new garage—fully insulated with 3 windows, a new foundation with reinforced concrete and steel rebar, with an electrical sub panel, A/C, and heating (2016)
- Built a new deck with Nylodeck—a durable and eco-friendly material (2015)
- Removed carpet and refinished floors on the 2nd floor (2013)
- Installed hardwood floors in the entry and living room (2013)
- Installed 150,000 BTU hot water boiler (2016)
- Installed 40 gallon water heater (2013)
- Installed Free Standing Pellet Burn stove (2010)
- Basement: trenched drain line and installed Zoeller sump pump and drainage board with an installation of HUMIDEX dehumidifier (2010)
- Remodeled attic bathroom (2007)
- Installed 3 fiberglass doors (Front door, basement door, and deck door) (2006)
- Installed new windows in the whole house (2005)
- Installed blown cellulose insulation to the whole house (2005)
- Installed a new electric panel (1999/2000)
90 Courter has been our family’s home for over six years. We could not have asked for a better house in Maplewood.
It is a deceptively large house. In 2008, the previous owners put a 2-story addition that made the house functional and provided great additional rooms that are hard to find in South Orange and Maplewood. The primary suite has given us a separate private space from the rest of the family, and we will miss our enormous bath. Our girls have utilized the family room as extra play space and it has hosted many cozy movie nights. After a day of playing outside or coming home from the Maplewood pool, it has been convenient to leave wet laundry and dirty shoes in the mudroom, and then rinse kids in the first-floor bathroom before letting them loose in the main space. For an older 1920s home it has been quite reliable with modern and efficient systems. During Hurricane Ida in the summer of 2021 our house was one of the few houses on Courter Avenue that did not get any water in the basement.
Our street has been a close-knit community within an amazing town! Neighbors are more than willing to help one another. We have an active neighborhood Facebook group and various text threads. In a pinch, we’ve borrowed or lent things from household tools to fairy wings the night before a special pre-school day. The block party is a yearly event we all look forward to. We get to hang out with all the neighbors on the street, eat potluck dishes, listen to music, and play fun (and competitive!) games like the egg toss.
We are also in a great location. Maplecrest Park is a short walk down the street. It’s an amazing asset to be walking distance to the park and playground. Other notable attractions within easy walking distance are the Maplewood Pool, the fantastic General Store Cooperative (Maplewood’s version of Chelsea Market), and The Bread Stand, which offers world class breads and pastries. Springfield Avenue continues to develop, with a new pub/restaurant under construction.
90 Courter is our first home and holds a special place in our hearts. It is time to pass it on to another family who will build new memories. We hope it brings you many years of happiness as it brought us.