Some homes just make an impression the second you open the door, and 28 Bowdoin is unquestionably one of them! Stepping inside, you’ll immediately notice the effortless flow between rooms, high ceilings and the abundant natural light. Recently renovated with a clear eye for both ease of use and aesthetics, you’ll be able to move right in and feel immediately at home. This home is open enough to let you be together or for everyone to find their own private nook. It’s an entertainer’s dream with its gourmet kitchen, large island, separate coffee bar, 1st floor powder, and easy flow to the patio and yard. Spacious bedrooms with radiant light throughout, Pinterest perfect bathroom, and a bonus space upstairs for guests or a home office will make sure you won’t feel cramped. The rec room in the finished basement is bright and cozy, for so many additional uses. The backyard is an oasis and ready for all types of outdoor activities. Situated on Bowdoin Street, an ideal location within College Hill–close enough to everything: downtown Maplewood, train station (.7 miles away), Memorial Park, Springfield Ave, schools–but separate enough to be a respite from the hustle and bustle
2016 – Gutted and completely renovated house interior and interior, including:
- Custom solid wood cabinets, including pullout pantry.
- Addition of island and butler pantry area
- Wall taken down to open floor plan into dining area
- Addition of french doors
- New hardwood floors throughout Kitchen, Dining and Maplewood Room
- New top of the line stainless steel appliances including refrigerator, dishwasher, built in microwave, and gas oven.
- Addition of recessed lighting and all other light fixtures.
- Refinished All original wood floors (living area, stairs, entry, upstairs landing and bedrooms)
- Created second opening to Maplewood Room from lounge
- New interior paint and lighting throughout house
- Full renovation on second floor (new tiling, custom shower, freestanding tub, custom marble countertop with double sink)
- Renovation of powder room on first floor
- Recessed Lighting with multiple zones
- New Patio/Stairs from French Doors to outside Installed
- Planting of border trees
- Whole house was rewired
- Addition of 250 AMP capacity downstairs
- Addition of 125 AMP upstairs in preparation of potential attic renovation
2019 – Full basement renovation
- Turned unfinished basement into finished
- Added full bathroom and laundry room
- Cleared sewer line via power jet to street via Speedy
- New flooring
- New sump pump and additional French drains
- New basement refrigerator
- Replacement of steam pipes in basement ceiling
2020 – Whole house exterior prepped/sanded/repainted
2022 – One zone whole house central air conditioning installation
As we prepare to say goodbye to our home of the last 7 years we wanted to share what has made the time living here so sweet. We moved into the home when our son was 3 and our daughter was 6 and we could not have chosen a more perfect place to raise our family. The street is quiet and flat, the perfect place for the kids bike, rollerblade, skateboard and scooter. From countless hours of playing in the backyard on the swing and trampoline to chalk on the sidewalk and making “potions,” we have loved watching the kids play with neighbors while living here. They will be some of our fondest core memories.
The seasonal blooms in the yard–forsythia, azaleas, rhododendron, lilies and especially the pink dogwood tree in the front yard–signal the start of Spring and bring great joy each year. We love entertaining here and especially love our new kitchen, the french doors leading outside, and having place to hang outside on the new patio.
Inside, we created an open, usable space perfect place for any family. We love the beautiful morning light that streams in while making breakfast and getting the kids off to school. The finished basement rec room is also one of our most loved spots. We have friends over and while the adults chat, the kids rotate from playing outside to the basement to make forts, watch movies, etc. It is the perfect playdate space that also functions as a much needed office to work from home . The attic is also another space with beautiful bright light pouring in that provides privacy and respite from the hustle of the rest of the house.
We especially love the walkability to town, Memorial Park, and the local school playground, We are lucky that the kids could walk to and from the elementary and middle school each day. From Village Ice Cream, Arturos, St. James Gate, shopping at Words and Meus, we are fortunate to have these special spots within walking distance. After school concerts/events, we loved meeting friends for a meal or dessert. Our friends and especially the AMAZING neighbors at 26 Bowdoin are some of the things we will miss the most. There is no place like Maplewood. The support of the community is something that has been invaluable as the kids have gone through preschool, elementary, and middle school. The warmth and friendship we experience on our street will be hard to match. While we prepare to embark on a new chapter, it is with a heavy heart that we say goodbye to not only our cherished home but also the remarkable neighbors who have become forever friends.