Join us at Turtle Back Zoo for some wild fun!
The mission of Turtle Back Zoo camp is to foster an appreciation for wildlife and the natural world through fun and educational activities.
To further our mission of conservation, education, and stewardship, campers will be introduced to the extraordinary world of animals, nature, and science. Children will enjoy age-appropriate camp activities that include games, teacher-led lessons, behind-the-scenes visits, up-close animal encounters, hands-on science projects, and fun crafts. Join us for a week during the summer or on a school holiday during the school year.
During the summer, we offer week-long summer camps for children entering Kindergarten (and age 5) and grades 1-8. Camp is 9am to 4pm, with extended care options available. Extended care drop-off is no earlier than 8am, extended care pick-up is no later than 5pm; availability is limited. Camp fees are $450 to $475 per person per week. We provide a fresh fruit or veggie snack for all camp sessions; campers bring their own lunches or additional snacks. We do our best to host a tree nut-free environment for our campers. The curriculum is repeated every week throughout the summer. Most campers only sign up for one week, but you are welcome to sign up for multiple weeks if you wish. Face coverings are highly recommended for indoor activities. See below for COVID-19 mandates; mandates will be updated as we receive further guidance from our local heath agencies.
- Type: Day Camp / Indoor & Outdoor
- Dates: June 26th – September 1st
- 9am to 4pm with limited extended care for weeks 1-9
- Location: West Orange, NJ
- Contact info: email@example.com/ 973-731-5800 ext.103
- Grades: Elementary, Junior High
- Registration deadline:Registration is rolling based on availability
- Transportation: n/a
- Lunch provided: No
- Activities offered:Campers enjoy age-appropriate camp activities that include games, teacher-led lessons, behind-behind-the-scenes tours, up-close animal encounters, hands-on science demos, and fun crafts. There are 5 camp groups: age 5/entering K, rising grades 1-2, rising grades 3-4, rising grades 5-6, and rising grades 7-8.