Summer at Far Brook offers participants high quality, meaningful experiences that are consistent with Far Brook School’s values, extending the school’s mission beyond the academic year. These values inspire participants to fuel their passions and awaken their curiosity by creating a supportive and caring camp community that cherishes love of learning, movement, creativity, diversity, and individuality.
Programming will include fun and engaging multidisciplinary day camp programs, sports instruction, outdoor exploration, leadership development for our oldest campers, and unique week-long Master Classes taught by highly credentialed and knowledgeable camp staff, including Far Brook faculty.
- Type: Day Camp / Indoor & Outdoor
- Dates: June 19th – August 9th
- 9:00AM – 3:30PM (Monday – Friday)
- Extended Hours: 8:00AM – 5:30PM
- Location: 52 Great Hills Road, Short Hills, NJ
- Contact info: Melissa Williams at email@example.com / 973-379-3442
- Grades: Pre-School, Elementary, Junior High, High School
- Registration deadline:Registration will open in February
- Transportation: No
- Lunch provided: Yes, additional fee
- Activities offered: Day Camp: A Far Brook spin on the traditional day camp, participants will engage in fun, safe, educational and recreational programs, outdoor experiences and group activities. Activities will include art, science, outdoor exploration, movement, music, water activities, sports and games. All campers must be potty trained.STEAM/Specialty Camp: Custom, week-long, Master Classes where participants become “subject matter experts” in the classes they choose. Participants will have opportunities to take a closer look at the content and go a mile deep in exploring and learning. Their finished project, production, program, or product will be showcased on Fridays!Single Sports Clinics: Week-long sport-focused programs focusing on skill development, rules of the sport, and game play. Stay tuned for more details.
Young Leaders Program: Our Young Leaders program combines the fun of being a camper with strong preparation for early work experiences. The main focus of the program is for campers to be able to transition to camp staff. This program will encourage participants to gain responsibility, develop independence, realize the benefits of teamwork, and promote a willingness to try new things. They will participate in a daily seminar, apprentice with Lead Teachers, mentor our youngest campers, and participate in an activity of their choice.
- Safety Protocols: Safety is our #1 priority. Far Brook School is licensed through the State of NJ and follows all health and safety guidelines set forth by the Department of Health. We employ a full-time Registered Nurse during camp hours who is responsible for the health and well-being of campers and staff.