We are more than a summer camp – we’re a once-in-a-lifetime adventure…on an island! Eagle Island Camp is American Camp Association accredited and a place where girls grow into fearless women, ready to embrace challenges, get their hands dirty, and change the world!
- Type: Overnight Camp / Indoor & Outdoor
- Dates: Overnight Camp – One-Week and Two-Week Sessions beginning June 30.
- Location: Saranac Lake, NY
- Contact info: Danielle LaCavalla at firstname.lastname@example.org / 845-323-7979
- Grades: Elementary, Junior High, High School
- Overnight camp for girls ages 7 – 17
- Rustic Retreat Programs and Womens Weekends (18 +) beginning in mid-August.
- Registration deadline:Early Rates end on January 31, 2024. Registration is accepted through July.
- Financial aid: Yes. We cover up to $65,000 in financial assistance annually however it is first come first serve so register early!
- Transportation: N/a
- Lunch provided: Yes, no additional fee
- Activities offered: In everything we do, we believe in inspiring and empowering young people to be confident, collaborative, and courageous. Eagle Island’s programming is designed to make optimal use of our exceptional, natural location. Water and wilderness activities form the foundation of our programming and are supplemented by a wide variety of staff- and camper-led programming across arts and crafts, sports, music and drama, nature, creative pursuits, and team-building.
- Safety Protocols:
Eagle Island Camp is committed to keeping all campers, participants, volunteers, and staff safe.
Everyone is trained in our emergency procedures within 24 hours of arrival and drills are conducted regularly at the beginning of each session.
Eagle Island works with the local emergency services and neighboring camps to ensure contingency plans are in place.Youth participants are always within sight of a staff member and are encouraged to use the buddy system when walking to the bathroom at night. A nurse is onsite throughout the session.Each group has at least one staff member with First Aid and CPR/AED Certification (American Red Cross). All activities are supervised by trained staff including lifeguards for all water-related activities. Staff certified in Youth Mental Health First Aid are also available on the island.