In our incredibly diverse and accepting community, all kids—no matter their race, sexual orientation, gender identity, family structure, or Jewish background—are more than welcomed. They’re celebrated!
With so many activities—from the high-ropes challenge course to learning a new song, from the trampoline in our lake to any number of sports—the biggest challenge at Camp Havaya is figuring out what’s the most fun!
- Type: Overnight / Outdoor
- Dates: We are an overnight camp. we run a session from June 25th to July 23rd and a second session from July 23rd to August 13th. That is a four week and a three week session, but we also offer two week trial sessions at the start of each of those blocks. For more information visit https://camphavaya.org/sign-up/
- Location: South Sterling
- Contact info: Jacob Oshins at email@example.com / 267-635-0264
- Grades:Elementary, Junior High, High School
- Registration deadline: We operate with rolling registration but we would love to know who will be at camp by the end of May
- Financial aid: Yes.
- Transportation: We run busses from the Newark airport as well as a synagogue in Maryland
- Lunch provided: Yes, no additional fee
- Activities offered:We have archery, arts and crafts, basketball, birthday celebrations, camping, canoeing, concerts, cooking, dance, drama, farming, football, Ga-Ga, gardening, high and low ropes courses, hiking, street hockey, Israeli dancing, knitting, painting, singing, soccer, softball, swimming, talent shows, tennis, tikkun olam (social action), Ultimate Frisbee, volleyball … and so much more! With so many things going on, the biggest challenge at Camp Havaya is figuring out what’s the most fun!
- Safety Protocols: We have many ways we keep our community safe but we always have health care professionals on property and when possible have a doctor on site to assist us.